The Junior League of Greenwich is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training.
To be the leading organization that connects, enriches, and inspires women to advance the quality of life in Greenwich.
The Junior League of Greenwich is guided by the following values:
• Diversity: The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
• Collaboration: We believe lasting societal change is achieved through both collaboration and meaningful disagreement. Living the value of collaboration inspires us to accomplish more together.
• Community: We believe a strong sense of community is essential to human well-being. Living the value of community provides a foundation of inclusion, which allows us to make a greater impact on the world around us.
• Empowerment: We believe that the empowerment of women is a necessary requirement to create positive, lasting societal change. Living the value of empowerment fosters trust and confidence in each other.
• Leadership: We believe in the unique power of women’s leadership abilities to transform communities for the better. Living the value of leadership allows us to make a collective difference.
• Respect: We believe respect is a fundamental human right. Living the value of respect instills in us an unconditional positive regard for others.
• Service: We believe it is through service that we build core relationships with others. Service is the lens through which we decide how we will invest our time and resources. Living the value of service empowers us as catalysts for lasting community change.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities. We welcome and celebrate women of all backgrounds, regardless of their race, age, sexual orientation, abilities, religion, or national origin.
What we do best is train and develop a network of women empowered as leaders creating community change.