Membership RequirementsThose wishing to join the Junior League of Greenwich should possess:
- Interest in voluntarism
- Commitment to community service
- Interest in developing leadership potential
As a member of the Junior League of Greenwich, you will be part of:
- An internal network of approximately 720 members encompassing varied backgrounds, education and talents. This body offers you personal support and strength for success throughout your involvement with our community.
- An international network of over 290 Junior Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Great Britain with 200,000 members worldwide.
- The power of voluntarism in Greenwich! For 50 years, the JLG has played a major role in designing and establishing a wealth of programs and services to improve our community.
New Member Requirements
- Attend all Provisional training meetings
- Attend at least two membership meetings during the JLG year (1 Membership Meeting plus the Annual Dinner)
- Participate in the Provisional Project
- Complete one shift on a fundraiser
- Financial Obligations: $ 65.00 Provisional Fee
261.00 Membership Fee
Active Member Requirements
- Pay annual dues, currently dues are $261
- Complete designated shifts at the major fundraiser
- Attend at least two (2) membership meetings during the JLG year
- Perform acceptable placement on a project, an internal committee or fundraiser, including attendance at committee meetings
Other Membership Requirements
- A candidate for membership must have reached her 21st birthday by May 31st during the fiscal year, June 1 to May 31, in which she applies
- The Junior League of Greenwich requires that each member serve a minimum of seven years as an Active member before she may become a Sustaining member