Come Out and Play!
The Junior League of Greenwich has rebuilt the Bruce Park playground, the largest and most treasured playground in our town.
The newly designed Bruce Park playground is innovative and barrier-free, where all children – those with and without disabilities – can develop essential skills for life as they learn together through play.
Along with our partners, the Greenwich United Way and the Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation, the JLG created a progressive Boundless™ playground, with features that entice all children to be a part of the action.
Highlights of the new playground include:
- New toddler area that will foster developmental play in a safe, fenced-in area
- Physically challenging 5-12 play zone, with a ramping system to enable children of all abilities to reach the highest level
- Native American “camp” and “Enchanted Forest,” where children can participate in imaginative play among a hollowed-out tree trunk, dugout canoe, and a bird’s nest
- Natural elements including a hedge maze and sensory garden
- Swings, both traditional and progressive, that include back support
- Old-fashioned tether and bucket ball
- Newly designed hill slide surrounded by a climbing feature
- Picnic areas and seating throughout the park
Greenwich Pool and Byram Park Project
Greenwich Community Pool is a new project, partnering with the Town of Greenwich to completely renovate the Byram Park and Pool turning it into a modern facility we can be proud of and a true community pool for all of Greenwich. The current residential size pool is a crumbling, neglected resource which has been leaking chlorinated water into the Long Island Sound for ten years. The renovation of this pool has been included on the Town of Greenwich Capital Improvement Project list for that entire time. By creating a public/private partnership, the success of the park and pool renovation increases greatly. This project provides a unique opportunity for the Junior League to, once again, make a lasting improvement to The Town of Greenwich.