Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Greenwich! We are an organization of over 700 women who are committed to our mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving our community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We are a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization whose purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Our focus over the past 55 years has been to address unmet needs in our community through the development and implementation of impactful and sustainable projects, while training volunteers to serve our community.
Some of our most memorable projects have included Kids in Crisis, Community Answers, Greenwich Safety Town and the Boundless Playground at Bruce Park. Our members have served as PTA presidents, board members of the United Way and Red Cross, state legislators, selectmen, and leaders on statewide commissions.
In 2014-15, the Junior League of Greenwich will continue to improve and enrich the Greenwich community through the following projects:
- Done in a Day (DIAD) works with various community partners to plan events that can be executed in a day to improve a specific area or need in our community.
- Greenwich Pool and Byram Park Revitalization Project works toward rejuvenating Byram Shore Park by incorporating a new pool and an updated landscape design, in partnership with the Town of Greenwich.
- Greenwich Youth Film Festival, aims to give teens an opportunity to participate in a constructive, creative activity which culminates in a "mini Sundance" film festival.
- Kids in the Kitchen, educates elementary school age children and their parents about the importance of healthy nutrition and exercise to prevent childhood obesity and promote long term health and wellness via its annual Fit and Fun Fest event.
- PositivelyMe! is a program for 3rd grade girls to provide them with the tools to enhance, protect, and support their self-esteem.
Whether you are interested in becoming a Junior League member, attending an upcoming event, or becoming a supporter, we welcome you to explore our website. Please contact our office by phone at 203-869-1979 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We would love to hear from you!