Membership RequirementsThose wishing to join the Junior League of Greenwich should possess:
- Interest in voluntarism
- Commitment to community service
- Interest in developing leadership potential to strengthen our community
As a member of the Junior League of Greenwich, you will be part of:
- An internal network of approximately 700 members encompassing varied backgrounds, education and talents. This body offers you personal support and strength for success throughout your involvement with our community.
- An international network of over 290 Junior Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Great Britain with 200,000 members worldwide.
- The power of voluntarism in Greenwich! For 50 years, the JLG has played a major role in designing and establishing a wealth of programs and services to improve our community.
New Member Requirements
- Attend all Provisional orientation/training meetings.
- Attend at least two membership meetings during the JLG year (1 Membership Meeting plus the Annual Dinner).
- Participate in the Provisional Project.
- Complete one shift on a fundraiser.
- Financial Obligations $ 65.00 Provisional Fee
261.00 Membership Fee
Active Member Requirements
- Pay annual dues currently at $261.
- Complete designated shifts at the major fundraiser.
- Attend at least two (2) membership meetings during the JLG year.
- Perform acceptable placement on a project, an internal committee or fundraiser, including attendance at committee meetings.
Other Membership Requirements
- A candidate for membership must have reached her 21st birthday by May 31st during the fiscal year, June 1 to May 31, in which she applies.
- The Junior League of Greenwich requires that each member serve a minimum of seven years as an Active member before she may become a Sustaining member.