Please join us to celebrate the third annual Greenwich Youth Film Festival (GYFF) on Sunday, April 27th at
1 p.m. at Cole Auditorium in Greenwich Library. Space is limited. Tickets are free on a first come, first serve basis. The event will feature the top films in each of the five GYFF categories.
FREE tickets for the 2014 Greenwih Youth Film Festival are now available!
Sunday April 27th, 1 pm, Greenwich Library Cole Auditorium
To reserve your tickets, please click here.
The Greenwich Youth Film Festival encourages high school students to express themselves through the art of film. This new and exciting film and video competition is co-sponsored by the Junior League of Greenwich and Greenwich Library. It is open to all high school students in Westchester and Fairfield Counties.
Entries are accepted in five genres from December 2, 2013 until February 17, 2014.
- Music Video
* New this year is a $500 grant from the Greenwich Preservation Trust on a documentary highlighting the theme “This Place Matters”. "This Place Matters" theme is being used as a reminder of our past. Some places where something very dramatic happened (i.e., the Old Town Hall where Greenwich residents voted not to let the U.N. set up headquarters in backcountry Greenwich) can transport us to another time. Other places work more subtly. They may not be notable for a single historic event, but by their continuing existence (i.e., houses in the 4th Ward Historic District near Greenwich Hospital) they help us to better understand a way of living in the past. Places can be important for historical reasons even if there isn't a structure there (i.e., Put's Hill) because they carry historical significance or have been the center of the beginning of a tradition (gathering around a flag pole for the 4th of July).
- Over $4,500 in prizes will be awarded:
- $1,000 Grand Prize Winner
- $500 to each other Genre Winners
- $100 to all Second Prize Genre Winners
- $50 to all Third Prize Genre Winners
- $250 to our Best Freshman Winner
- $250 to our NEW Audience Award Winner
- $500 grant from Greenwich Preservation Trust* on a documentary highlighting the theme
"This Place Matters"
The goal is to raise awareness for a historical site(s) in the Town of Greenwich by having the filmmaker express his or her own vision about the importance of a place.
Congratulations 2013 Winners!
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Greenwich Youth Film Festival. Click here to view the 2013 winners